Are you a people person who enjoys engaging with different people? Can you put people first and deliver excellent customer service? Are you passionate about Health and Fitness with a level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification? If you answered yes, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit a Gym Instructor to join the team at bstFitness in Newbury. We are looking for someone who is flexible to cover hours throughout the week on a Zero hours contract. Hours will range from 0-30 hours per week depending on the cover required. You will get to engage with our customers on the gym floor, conduct inductions, health checks and develop programmes to help our customers understand the benefits of leading healthy lifestyles. You will be enthusiastic, a great team player, professional, self-motivated and have excellent organisation skills to offer the best service to our customers and members.
The successful applicant will:
· Be confident and ensure a high level of engagement with all customers
· Have a positive, welcoming approach and encourage customers to reach their goals
· Complete 1-1 programmes/ inductions and assessments with members
· Provide an efficient and effective service to all customers and understand their needs and requirements, working to timescales
· Hold a qualification at REPS Level 2 and have experience of working in a gym
· Act professionally and maintain a high level of personal presentation at all times
· Hold an emergency responder certificate or equivalent (or have the ability to gain)
· Hold a first aid qualification or equivalent (or have the ability to gain)
Level 3 qualified Instructors will also be able to join our growing personal training scheme.
bstFitness is located within the heart of the town centre, opposite the Parkway shopping centre. Our club boasts a large gym with the latest pulse equipment, swimming pool and sauna, fitness studio with over 50 plus classes per week and a functional room.
Basingstoke Sports Trust is a charitable leisure trust based at Festival Place in Basingstoke, Hampshire. A truly independent Trust created in 1965, we manage two leisure facilities - Basingstoke Sports Centre and bstFitness. We’ve been finalists in the ukactive Flame Awards two years running and won awards for our National Fitness Day contributions.
Interested? To apply, please complete the BST application form, which is available from our website www.mybst.org/vacancies.Send your completed application form to Lewis freeman, General Manager either by email [email protected]) or post to bstFitness Newbury, Parkway, Newbury, RG14 1EE.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 2nd November 2020.