We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing, reliable and flexible Party Leaders to join our Parties team to provide birthday parties to our customers at the Sports Centre.
Working in a small team, you will play an important role in running Birthday parties ensuring that all children have a safe and enjoyable time. Your main duties will be:
- Checking the party file prior to the party for special requirements;
- Registering all children on arrival;
- Food preparation for the party teas (cold food)
- Delivering the party in a safe and fun way;
- Ensuring that all food provided matches the order placed at the start of the party;.
- Distributing party tea food and assisting with service;
- Ensuring that all party rooms are clean and tidy before and after the party;
- Ensuring all equipment required for the party is available and checked prior to the party;
- Functioning as Bosley Bear, our own mascot;
You will need to be confident, with the ability to communicate with all age groups, work as part of a team and stay in control of situations. An understanding of basic food hygiene and health and safety procedures is important. Birthday Parties take place at weekends so availability on a Saturday and Sunday and flexibility is essential.
Experience or an interest in working with young children is essential, if you have younger brothers or sisters or have assisted in children’s clubs (e.g. Brownies, Beavers) or done babysitting, volunteering/working in a school or nursery then we would love to hear from you!
The role will be for 1 hour per week but there may be the opportunity for additional hours depending on demand. Exisiting leaders work up to 8 hours each weekend. Monthly rotas are published at least 2 weeks in advance.
Basingstoke Sports Trust have been running Birthday Parties for over 20 years and parties can cater for children between the ages of 1-12 years. Parties take place in our exciting Jungle Adventure soft play area or our Sports Hall.
Interested applicants should download and complete a BST application form, which is available on our website and send the completed form to Sally Starbuck, Head of Operations, Basingstoke Sports Centre, Festival Place, Basingstoke, RG21 7LE or email [email protected]. Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 18th October 2019
Previous applicants need not apply.