Are you a Level 2 qualified Swimming Teacher? We are looking for a qualified swimming teacher to teach swimming lessons on Saturday mornings for 48 weeks per year. There may also be the opportunity to pick up cover where necessary.
· Teach children/adults to the standard set (Swim England)
· Ensure the safety of pupils at all times
· Ensure that lessons start and finish on time
· Liaise with the Swim Development Manager and/or Swim School Administrator on pupil records, attendances, transfers and other administration tasks associated with lessons
· Demonstrate good customer care and good communication skills in dealing with all customers, parents and children
It is essential that you have experience of teaching swimming and a National Rescue Award (NRASTC) test certificate or National Pool Lifeguard qualification (NPLQ) would be beneficial.
Basingstoke Sports Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
The Swim School at Basingstoke Sports Centre is the largest and most established in Basingstoke and during its 50 years has taught over 20,000 babies, children and adults to swim. The Swim School is a learn to swim programme and has been developed in conjunction with the Swim England. The Sports Centre offers Little Fishes Swim School, Dolphin Swim School and Adults Swim School.
BST (Basingstoke Sports Trust) was established in 1965 and manage Basingstoke Sports Centre. We boast a fantastic sport and leisure offer at the facility in Festival Place and manage a second facility – bstfitness – a health and fitness club in Newbury, West Berkshire.
Interested? Please complete a BST application form which is available from our website outlining your suitability for the role and send this to Tom Blakeley, Swim Development Manager, Basingstoke Sports Centre, Festival Place, Basingstoke, RG21 7LE or by email [email protected] by 5pm on Sunday 8th November 2020.